Monday, June 16, 2008

Coming from work, I was walking with a security guard whom I knew but could not recall the name. We rode in a commuter jeep and we were the only passengers. When we reached our destination, the guard went ahead to alight first from the jeep. I followed the guard and while I was stepping on the steps of the jeep I saw a five-peso bill tucked in the rear end of the roof.

I knew that our jitney fare has been paid for and even though I saw that the driver was looking at me, I took the money because I felt someone telling me that the money is mine.

After alighting from the jeep, the guard and I continued to walk. The guard then inquired from someone where the nearest jitney station to San Juan City was. I then answered the guard where it was as it was not far from where we were.

We started to head for the jitney station and I took out a gum to chew. I knew quite well that the jitney we were going to was going to bring us back to where I was working but I just didn’t seem to care.

I then told the guard whose name I now know as Syd that I will just be getting my Expedition van which was not far from us which we will just use instead.

At that point, I felt that I was chewing something hard in the gum so I spit it out. To my astonishment, I saw that I chewed on a big cockroach egg and saw the gross appearance of what was inside the egg. The taste of it was lingering in my mouth so I tried to take out from my mouth the remaining gum that was stuck.

While all of this was happening, I saw that the guard was grimacing in pain over what I think was his appendix. I could not help him as I was too occupied removing the remaining gum in my mouth. I was not yet done removing the gum in my mouth when I saw that a cockroach was crawling on my hand. I assumed that it came from my mouth as I quickly shook it off from my hand.

No comments: